We’re a fee-only financial advisory service.
What does this mean? Essentially it means that we’re paid by our clients for our knowledge, experience and independent advice. We’re not paid commissions from products sold.
Anyone offering “free” financial planning and who also sells insurance and investments is compensated by the bank, investment or insurance company when they sell those products to you.
These people are – on balance – honest, smart, helpful people who really do want to help you.
But if the only way they are compensated or can meet performance objectives is if you purchase something from them, can the advice they’re giving you be completely free?
Think of us as consultants who will understand your goals, help decipher complex financial jargon, and work with you to build a plan that makes sense for you, given your situation. With no hidden agenda.
What you get
- Free initial consultation (up to one hour)
- Goals, based on your personal situation and aspirations
- Data that will help you make decisions
- Clarity about your present financial status, including problem areas and opportunities
- A plan, plus help putting it in place (which may involve working with some of your other professionals)
- Periodic review of the plan, to ensure it’s working effectively